Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I get annoyed

I used to surround myself with disordered people and now I want nothing to do with them.  Funny how that works.  I'm not saying that I'm no longer disordered, but I can't stand being with people who have an eating disorder.  I find them to be super annoying.  If I am with disordered people, especially around food, I'm super conscious that it's probably hard for them and don't want to make them uncomfortable, because I've been there.  

Let's be honest here, I'm not super sympathetic and I just get annoyed by people.  I don't get annoyed by those who are silently struggling, but those, and I'm going to guess that it's mostly younger people, like teens, who flaunt that fact that they have an ED.  I always tried to hide it.  I wouldn't talk about calories or weight or anything like that in front of anyone, unless it was one of my other disordered friends, because I didn't want to tip people off to the fact that I had an issue.  I think kids think it's cool to be disordered and kind of flaunt it.

I'm not quite sure where this tangent came from, but I do know that I get annoyed by eating disordered people.  Maybe that's a good sign for me.

In other news, Charro is going to WIF me on Thursday, which would make it WIT.  This will only happen if no one is out in the waiting room, since she weighs me out there.  Love that.  I'll make sure to wear my heavy boots. :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I think it could be a good sign. I went through something similar. Had to distance myself from all things ED-related because I was getting over it and I was just "over" being around other people that were staying stuck in all that bullshit. I'm still friends with a few people that are still struggling, but we don't really talk about it much at all, because it has nothing to do with our friendship. And I don't consider myself to have an ED. I wish my friends well, but if they make EDs their sole focus, I tend to pull away. And I am a sympathetic person, but it's just one of those things that I can't deal with anymore.

It's like I associate it with a past life -- one I prefer to forget.

You shifting away from all of it and disliking the people flaunting EDs, treatment, weight loss, and all that crap... I think it's good for you.

PTC said...

Ya, I'm sympathetic with most people, and can be with people with EDs, like when I see a severely anorexic person on the street. My heart breaks for them. I just can't stand the people who flaunt it and do things to get attention.

I think it's good for me too. Merry Christmas.