Sunday, August 28, 2016

Ham sandwich

Last night I had a dream that I went to my sesh with Charro and she was running late.  I was supposed to run in a race downtown but missed it because she was late.  I was at the race and we were all waiting for it to get organized and start and my brother came up to me to tell me that somebody called about my car, because it was parked in a parking lot, and that they were going to do something and I had to call them back.  Not sure what that was.  Then I left to go see Charro.  I got there and she let me know she was running an hour late.  Our sesh was now at 5:20 PM on the roof of a building.  It was Fall and it was getting dark out.  I was looking over the roof and saw her walking in with snacks for me.  It looked like a box of chocolates, but when she got up to the roof, seeming a bit disheveled, it was actually a sandwich.  We sat down and unwrapped the sandwiches and I looked at her and said, "You know there's ham on here."  She said, "Ya, just take it off," then proceeded to open my sandwich and take off the ham.  There was salami on there too, so we took that off and I said, "You know I'm just eating tomato and bread now?"  She said yes.  There was a ton of mayo on there too, which I've always found repulsive.   We started eating and I started telling her how I was missing my race.  She wanted to know why I was running it if I hate running.  That's all I remember.

Snack day tomorrow.  Yuck. I'm not sure if it's going to be whole milk and a muffin or french fries.  Doesn't matter really, both suck, but I won't be eating dinner after that because I'll be getting on a train.

4 comments:

Erin said...

How long have you been vegetarian (I think you said before that you are). For you, is it an ED thing for health or ethical?

I think Charro asking you why you run when you hate running is you asking yourself why you do it. Definitely worth giving some thought to!

Hope settling into the new place goes OK. Moving sucks so bad. I've moved a few times in the last couple years and I'm looking to move back out west somewhere this fall. Right now I'm getting rid of most of my crap so I don't have to take it with me!

Oh and congrats on the promotion too.

PTC said...

None of the above, the veins in the meat totally gross me out. I remember when I was little and my mom used to make London Broil and I'd see the white veins. So gross. That's why I stopped eating meat.

I like running sometimes, just not a lot of times. I love it when I'm doing it barefoot on the beach.

Moving totally sucks and the next time I move it's to a place that I buy and out of NYC!

Thanks.

Erin said...

EW, VEINS! I know someone else that gave up meat (chicken) due to veins but it was temporary. She went back to eating meat. But ewwwwwwwwwwwww/

I mean, they're living things. So yeah, they're going to have veins. Nasty.


I don't think I could live in NYC. No, I KNOW I couldn't! i'm not a good city person. I like being able to drive my car, I like parking lots at places, and I like not having to worry about parking. I don't love public transpo... I don't want to worry about it. I don't want to worry about paying for parking. Yeah, I'm just not made for the city. Not a country fan either. Guess I'm just the suburban type.


If you could live anywhere, where would you live?

PTC said...

If I could live anywhere, I'd live on a tropical island and I would take my family and friends and cats with me. That would be the best thing. I'd also have a place in Italy. :) That's not going to happen so, I don't know where I'll go. I'm a suburban girl too.