Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Weird dream about therapist friend

I had a dream about this woman who is sort of my friend.  I met her through another friend when we all went away for my friend's birthday.  So, we were together for a week and I ended up sitting next to her on the flight there and back.  Anyway, she's an ED therapist, that's the important part of the story.  She's much older than I am, so it's not like I'm going to hang out with her, besides, I'm not too sure I like her.  She's very flaky.

Anyway, I had a dream I was going to her office, for I'm not sure what.  I got there and in the waiting room were two really cute puppies.  One was blue (I know, odd) and the other was gray.  I asked her if I could bring one in and she said no because they would miss each other.  I put him down and went into her office.  I think I was just there to shoot the shit, but I remember being a little nervous and afraid that someone I knew would see me there.  I had a hooded sweatshirt on with the hood pulled over my head.  We sat and on office (rolling) chairs and started chatting a little.  A food delivery came and she said, "I didn't order that," and then her office mate came and got it.  We were sitting there and she asked how I was doing and of course I said, "Fine."  She asked how my eating was and I said, "fine."  Then she said, "So tell me about the ice cream and throwing up."  I looked at her and said, "I don't do that.  I don't throw up."  I stumbled in my speech because it wasn't totally the truth, but it was sort of.  She somehow knew that when I was in high school I would eat a couple bites of ice cream and then throw myself over the sink to try and make myself get rid of those few bites.  

The next thing I knew there was some weird trick being played where she was sitting on both sides of me at the same time.  It was so weird.  I knew only one of her was real and the other was so sort of projection of her (like a literal visual projection, like a screen).  

That's really all I remember.

No comments: