Friday, May 20, 2016

Thanksgiving dinner with Charro

I had a random dream last night.  I dreamt that I was having Thanksgiving dinner with Charro and her family.  She and her husband and her kids were at my house and we were sitting in the dining room eating dinner.  I was very uncomfortable with the situation for a few reasons.  First of all, they were doing dinner wrong.  We always start off with the pasta and then go from there with all of the rest of the food.  Well, she had put little slices of turkey on everyone's plates and sauce drizzled over it and gave it to us all.  I don't eat turkey, so that was the first thing that was the problem.  Then, all of a sudden, they started saying grace.  I wasn't ready for that because we usually hold hands.  After, I looked at her and asked her where the rest of the food was.  Then I stood up and went into the kitchen and turned off all of the lights in there, looked into the family room and thought about my Christmas tree, then went back into the dining room and turned on the dining room light and sat back down.  I don't think I ate the turkey.  I just kept thinking about how they were doing dinner all wrong and that it must be a cultural thing.

No comments: