Tuesday, August 05, 2014

The first (sort of) run

I hopped on the treadmill this morning.  I was going to run outside, but I thought I should try it inside, since it was going to be my first time doing it in about 2 months.  I wouldn't even call it a run because I would run for 3 or 4 minutes and then walk for 2-3 minutes.  It wasn't because I was out of breath, but because my heart rate was getting high and that's not good for my head.  The athletic trainer I spoke to said I should run a minute, walk 2, so I just increased those times and made it work.  The good news is that I felt fine, maybe because I didn't push myself or maybe because my head is better.  This means that I can try running while I'm away, which makes me feel better.  Who knows if being at 6000 feet will impact how my head feels.  Apparently, it could.  So, we shall see.  Needless to say, it was not much of a workout.  I'd like to just go outside and run and I think (hope) I'm getting closer to that.  Maybe I can give it a shot before I leave on Saturday.

My feet are sore.  That's all.

No comments: