Monday, April 07, 2014

Am I the extreme

So Charro emailed me today and told me not to plan on seeing her before Friday because she's going to be out longer.  She must really be sick, I guess.

It's funny, I know I'm the on the extreme opposite end of what "normal" people do when they're sick or injured.  I push myself to continue to do things that I always do.  When I was sick last month, I skipped the gym one day.  I took it easy the other days, but I still went, played field hockey, and taught classes.  Was that the right thing to do?  Probably not, but that's how I am.  I keep on trucking as much as I can and never feel like I'm sick enough to not do something that I'm supposed to do.  It's the same way with injuries...I'll keep on working out and I don't go to the doctor to get an injury checked out for at least 3 months.  (If I thought I had a broken bone, I would go to the doctor).  I'm not saying any of this is good, but this is how I am so I think I probably look at other people and think they're babying their illness or injury.  I'm not talking about Charro here, because I have no idea what she's sick with, but these thoughts came up with her sickness.  I would have to be passed out or dying to not go about my normal day.

Those are my thoughts for the day.  Bed time.

No comments: