Friday, August 16, 2013

That was a lie

So I flat out lied to Charro today when she asked me how much I weigh.  Not a novel thing to do, but I did it.  Do I feel good about it?  No, not so much, but I had to.  She wasn't even happy with the number I told her.  I said I weighed 102 and that wasn't good enough for her.  She says I need to be 103, but come on, really??  ONE pound?  You're going to change how you feel about it by one pound?  I guess if I'm going to lie, I should at least lie and give her the number that she wants to hear.  She was like "So that's good enough for you?"  I was like, "Yeah, it is."  She said, "You don't mind monitoring your weight all of the time?"  Not really, I'm okay living this way.  It's fine for me.  Let's face it, this is it for me.  This is my life and it's okay.  

For some reason she told me about what she saw on the subway yesterday.  She goes, "Do you want to hear what happened to me on the subway yesterday?"  UM...YEAH!  So she got on and there was a topless woman on the train.  (It's legal to go topless in New York).  She said she was just sitting there like she was wearing a shirt but she wasn't.  I said, "It's cold on the subway."  She goes, "I know."  I think she understood what I was alluding to.  Ha.  She said, "I thought for sure L (her son) would say something but he didn't seem to notice."  I said, "I guess he's use to it from being in Italy."

I've gone prepared for WIF the past couple of Fridays.  I know that the minute I let me guard down and don't go prepared, she will weigh me.  I guess I have to keep going prepared.  It will be much easier when I'm wearing jeans.  She asked me about my scale and I told her that I didn't get a new one.  She asked if I have been weighing myself when I go home and I said yes.  She said, "Both days."  I said, "Yes."  She said, "Doesn't it seem ridiculous that you have to weigh yourself both days?"  I said, "No."

I'm tired.  I have a meeting soon.  I need to call the office.

No comments: