Sunday, May 05, 2013

That was a deadly run

I ran with my runner friend yesterday.  She was sick, and I was dying.  I really would have been dying if she wasn't sick.  At first, the pace was great, then her she started cranking it.  She said, "I've got a NyQuil high now."  I needed one.  I thought I was going to die.  My heartrate was 189 for a while there, which is way too high.  I was thirsty.  I made the mistake of stopping at the water fountain.  It was a mistake because then I had to sprint to catch up with her.  Then I was really dying.  The run couldn't have been over fast enough.  I ran 7.5 miles, the most I've run in a very long time.  It was a fast run too.  I needed that push.  I wanted to stop but I didn't.  I probably should have, but I couldn't let this lady be better than I am.  I would have enjoyed it more if we ran a bit slower.  It was nice to run with her and catch up.  Let's see how well my legs work during aerobics today.  Of course that run wasn't great for my hip.

No comments: