Saturday, October 27, 2012

The "Sandy" freakout

So "Sandy" is coming this way.  Everyone's freaking out as if the world was going to come to an abrupt end.  I, however, embrace these types of things nature throws at us and host Hurricane Parties!!!  WOO HOO!  I'm making it a potluck this time because I don't feel like cooking for everyone.  Fun!  I don't know when it will be yet either, I'm waiting for them to shut down the city and then we'll have it.  The storm is two days away still and the media is acting like it's coming now.

So, I've been in a bit of a, hmm, funk is too strong of a word, since yesterday.  I really don't think that I'm going to be able to do this whole thing Charro wants me to do.  1.5 pounds by Friday...let's be honest, it's not happening and she'll be able to tell it's not happening when she looks at my food logs.  It's too exhausting to think about so I won't.  I'll just go on with my life, which today means going for a run, going to the store and making something for the Halloween party I'm going to, and then figuring out what on earth I'm going to dress up as.  Hmmm...decisions.

I freaking LOVE Halloween, just saying.  Tomorrow I guess I'll have to take in all of my outside stuff so it doesn't blow off of my balcony and kill someone.  I am hoping field hockey doesn't get canceled.  I need to go to the grocery store again tomorrow and get stuff for my hurricane party. 

I have yet to receive my "Cheering you on" email from Charro today.  My guess is that it won't happen, which is fine.  I wonder when she'll remember that she said she'd email me, probably never.

No comments: