Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A stopped city

It's kind of crazy to think that there is no subway service or train service anywhere.  I was supposed to go home today, but obviously I didn't because there is no train service and there is no power at home, so I'm here, which is fine.  I canceled my doctors appointment for tomorrow.  I sent Charro an email about Friday saying that I'm sure she won't be in, but she'll let me know.  Traffic is a complete nightmare because the only way to get around the city is by bus, car or foot.  I told the woman I'm babysitting for that she would be better off walking to her destination than trying to get a cab, which would probably be impossible to get anyway.  She'd be sitting in traffic for 9 days if she got in a cab.  The clean-up has begun though.

So I emailed Charro and told her to "be nice" to me if we do see each other on Friday.  I told her it was a hard week.  I don't know if she'll be nice or not, if I do see her.  She should be, but of course I'd think that.

I need to get dressed.  It's chilly out.  I'll go to the gym later and hit the treadmill. 

The pictures from this storm still amaze me.

Oh yeah, Happy Halloween.  I forgot it was Halloween.

No comments: