Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I chose sleep

I chose sleep over food last night.  I did have a yogurt.  I had to email Charro some scheduling stuff so I also wrote how she wasn't going to be happy with my dinner choice, or lack there of.  She wrote back and said that "as someone recovering from an eating disorder, it is not okay to skip dinner, no matter how tired you are.  It's just not an option. I imagine you wouldn't let someone you love go to sleep with just a yogurt for dinner. It's disordered and not healthy for body or mind."  I have to say, and she brings up the "you wouldn't let someone you love..." business a lot and I have to say, I would let someone I love go to bed if they had only eaten a yogurt.  I would also let them go to bed if they didn't eat anything.  If they eat normally the rest of the time, I don't see what the problem is about skipping a meal.  (And yes, I eat normally the rest of the time).  She doesn't get that sometimes I don't have to eat.

I need to get a battery for my scale because mine's dying.  I just tried to buy one but I didn't know there were so many different ones and I need the number for the one I need.  I'll have to get it when I'm back in NYC.

I'm still so tired.  I can't wait to sleep tonight.  My nephews are sleeping over, which is very exciting since I haven't seen them in a long time. 

I'm starving and ready for dinner but we have to wait for everyone to get here.  Maybe I'll sneak a piece of chicken.

No comments: