Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I sucked at that

So I spoke to the girl who's not eating and I didn't do a very good job at it.  I emailed Charro to ask how I should approach the situation, but I still didn't do a very good job at it.  She, the girl, not Charro, said that she eats when the food is good but she doesn't feel like wasting eating when the food stinks.  She'd rather just have a good bowl of pasta instead of stinky pasta here, or eat her mom's cooking.  She says that she eats when she's home but I'm not buying it.  I can see the way she looks at food and plays with it.  That's not the "I just don't like this crappy camp food" approach, it's the "I'm not eating food because I'll get fat" thought.  She moves it around her plate and plays with it.  I saw her sort of take a bite off of someone else's plate.  She thinks she has me convinced that she's fine, but I know better, there's just nothing else I can say to her.  It makes me sad to see her do this but I don't know what else to do.  I wish I did a better job at talking to her.  I sucked.

No comments: