Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The meds issue...and cats

I went to CVS today and they will only give me a one month supply of the drug.  That's all that the insurance company will authorize.  So, here's the deal.  The drug will cost me the full price, about 800 dollars a month, until I reach my $2,500 deductible.  After that I am not sure what happens...a co-pay maybe.  So, that's that deal.  I picked up a month today for 25 bucks and I also got a free month supply from the doctor's office today when I went to go pick up the coupon.  So, that's the deal with that.  I have to take 4 pills in the morning.  Awesome.  Side effects are:
•headache
•muscle or joint pain, aching, tightness or stiffness
•back pain
•nausea
•vomiting
•heartburn
•burping
•constipation
•gas
•dry mouth
•sore throat
•cough
•flu-like symptoms
•stuffy head or runny nose
•ear pain
•anxiety
•sweating
•hemorrhoids
•pain in the rectum
•difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
•acne
•slight hair loss

At least it only cost me 25 bucks to get those.  Hopefully I won't have any side effects.  Yay.  Night one of suppositories tonight.  I might die!

I took my cats to the vet today, which is always stressful.  Trying to get them in the crate is THE WORST!  My vet is 5 minutes from my house.  I had them in the front seat with me so I could have my hand in the crate.  Well, I reached my hand in there and they had peed.  It was soaked.  Pee everywhere and on them and a little on my car seat.  I must say, cat pee is the WORST smell ever.  The vet cleaned them up a bit.  They've never done that before.   No water for them before we go back to my apartment next week!  Ugh, cat pee.  I felt so bad for them and the vet.  I love my doc there.  She's the best!!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

Just remember that they HAVE to mention those side effects for legal reasons. Most of them only hit like 2-5% of people out there.

Kristy said...

When traveling with my cat I use a puppy training pad inside the crate. I put a baby blanket over that. In case of accidents it is real easy to take out and throw away. Makes for easy clean up. Baby blankets are usually cheap if bought in a package of several. Puppy training pads aren't that high either .

Tyler and Kathryn said...

So sorry for the diagnosis. However the best thing you can do is take gluten out of your diet! Do research and you'll find natural ways to heal your insides! I am going through a similar process right now with IBD.
These 2 articles will help:

http://www.medicinenet.com/celiac_disease_gluten_free_diet/article.htm

http://drhyman.com/gluten-what-you-dont-know-might-kill-you-11/

PTC said...

Thanks Eliza.

Kristy, I will definitely stick something in the crate when I take them back to my place. I need to clean it out still.

Thanks T&K. Good luck with your situation.