Monday, December 20, 2010

It's over

I'm back home.  I got home about an hour ago.  I was taken in for my procedure late.  It was weird because I didn't think it was going to be a real hospital with all hospital stuff, like me having to lay on a gurney, but it was like a real surgical process.  Weird!!

Anyway, I woke up mid procedure, probably because I told the anesthesiologist that I was a light weight.  I said, "Am I supposed to be awake?" and the doctor said, "No, give her more..."  then I was asleep again.

Here's the diagnosis, ulcerative colitis,  I have to take some very expensive pills four times a day, possibly for the rest of my life.  That's the easy part.  Here's the gross part, I have to stick suppositories up my butt twice a day for the next month and then once a day after that for I don't know how long. FREAKED OUT about that one.

So, that's that.  I have to go back and see him in a month and get more blood work done.  He wants to see if I have Crohn's.  He said "On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst, your colitis is a 1."  That is good news.

I got home and had a piece of toast.  I'm full.  I don't know how I'm supposed to eat dinner because I'm not hungry.  I was SOOOO thirsty this morning and I couldn't drink anything.
Thanks for thinking of my, guys!

3 comments:

Eating Alone said...

Glad you know and will be ok. I'll let the toast thing pass for now. Just get some sleep and then have a good day tomorrow.

Great now I'm going to have worry about how suppositories stay up. This is so not what I was planning to google tonight.

PTC said...

I don't know and I don't want to have to put anything up there either!! UGH! MORE STRESS!!

PTC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.