Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Handsome man is home

I picked up my little guy from the vet a little bit ago.  They took off his bandage and blood spewed everywhere.  They showed me how to give him his IV, yep, not even a shot...a freaking IV.  I have to hold him down, which is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE and then stick this needle in him for 3 minutes or so and pump the IV fluids in.  I have to do this every week.  HELP!!  I was freaking out when they were showing me how to do this.  I stuck him with the needle and that doesn't hurt, it's just trying to get him to stay still.  It's impossible.  More stress.  Love it!  I feel so bad for him.  Good news is that his levels are all back to normal.

K, I need to go do things.  I don't have to eat dinner tonight or tomorrow.  Yay!

4 comments:

kristin said...

I bet it's the IV in the back of the neck?! That's what we did for our kitty. It was so weird to do, especially afterward when she had this little chunk of fluid left to disperse in between her shoulder blades just jiggling around for a while. It was kind of cute. ;)

Take care! I'm glad your kitty is home! :)

PTC said...

Yes. My cat is so squirmy, I don't know how I'll be able to do it. You have to do it for the rest of their lives??

kristin said...

No, just for a little while. Just until the bag runs out, I think (as far as I remember). We never even finished the bag before we stopped because it is too damn hard and she still turned out fine. I think the food is the main thing that is important to change. I'm not 100% on that (I'm no vet), but the food seemed to be the main thing that helped Boots really turn around. We did the IV for a little while and have kept up with the food change ever since and she's been in pretty decent health. Yeah, she's not 100%, but she's no sickly kitty either.

PTC said...

yeah, I am NOT looking forward to trying to give him these IVs. It will not be easy. I'm glad that Boots is okay though. I hope I don't have to do this to him for the rest of his life.

Thanks for the info!!