Saturday, February 13, 2010

Really? Are you messing with me?

Charro and I were talking about my parents and the little comments they made while I was with them in Florida. I said how I didn't like when other people made comments about my body in front of my parents because I didn't want them to raise concern. She said, "I don't think they're concerned. I have to break it to you. It doesn't sound like concern to me. I think you're clear."

(I jump in) "Are you messing with me or are you being serious?" (I couldn't tell)
"I'm being serious. I think you're clear."
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"You do?"
"Yes, I don't think your parents sound concerned. I don't know them, but from what you tell me they don't sound concerned. Concern is let's sit down and talk about this. What's going on? I don't know them, but it sounds to unbelievable to me that they wouldn't be having had read your blog and all that, but it sounds to me like they're not acting concerned so if we're going to look at their actions as markers of how they feel, then I don't see concern there."

So I was kind of shocked by Charro's response there. I honestly thought that she was messing with me. I think it's great if they're really not concerned but I can't believe she thinks I'm in the clear with them and that they aren't concerned. I really hope that's the case and they're not concerned.

So tonight I ate dinner at 4:30 and decided that I should be done eating for the day. I had some tea...lots of tea and am going to brush my teeth soon and hopefully go to bed early. I don't need any more food. I need less food.

I am watching speed skating.

7 comments:

struggling20something said...

Be careful with the I need less food thoughts. You're parents can still be concerned and just not show it..? I don't know, but I do know that we all need food. (hypocritical much for myself), but its true. Be careful.

Courtney said...

I wonder if maybe you're parents are concerned but don't know how to ask the questions they want to ask. ???

PTC said...

I know, S20S, but I will eat, don't worry. I always do, just don't want to really.

Totally, Court. They never know how to ask. They beat around the bush and make dumb comments, but I thought it was SO interesting that Charro doesn't think they're concered. Caught me by surprise.

CG said...

I'm confused? You want less food because charro said your parents aren't concerned? I thought you liked your weight.

If you want them to be concerned, why not talk them about it?

PTC said...

No no, I want less food because I feel like I've been eating too much and because I gained a little weight. It doesn't have to do with them not being concerned, or possibly not being concerned. I personally still believe that they are. I don't want them to be though.

Feisty Frida said...

Hi Dork.

PTC said...

Oh how I've missed you, Olyympic slut! :)