Sunday, February 28, 2010

Kind of graphic/gross

I am not one to talk about my bodily functions all that much, but now I am officially freaked out. Do not read on if you don't want to read about poop. I've had a mucus in my poop for the past week or two. This morning I noticed blood in there as well. Freaked out much?? Yep. My dad had colon cancer. I have NO other symptoms of anything else that my research says I might have. Research shows it could be Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, hemorrhoids, and some other things. I have no other symptoms associated with any of these things. I guess it's a good thing I'm going to the doctor next week. Though I don't really want to say, "I have mucus and blood in my stool." Can I say "I have ... when I go to the bathroom?" Maybe that will work. Now I have 10 days to freak out about this all until I go to the doctor. I don't want to tell my parents either, but I guess I should. It's kind of important.

K, gotta run and teach class. I feel like I look worried.

11 comments:

Eating Alone said...

Yeah gross, but it's ok. I would call the doc and ask if you could pick up a stool sample test kit and get it in to them. That way she can get a good workup before you get there.

Guess what? Every body poop's! It's ok to talk about it, especially if it's got problems.

Take care and please ask about the kit!

PTC said...

Thanks David. My doc is home (not nyc) so I won't be going back there until next week when I have my appt. I'm kind of freaked out by all of this. I don't want to have to poop in a container either. Yuck!

Eliza said...

Blegh. Hmmm... I guess it depends on how much blood/mucus. If you're crapping like a cups worth of blood that's serious but if it's just trace amounts you're probably fine.

I'm really curious now!

PTC said...

It was just a little, I think. But the mucus thing has been going on for like 2 weeks.

Courtney said...

Yeah, that's definitely something to bring up. It's not fun to talk about but I'm sure (or I'm guessing) your doctor won't make a big thing about it and won't make it uncomfortable. My doctors have always been very clinical and when it comes to talking about stuff like that they just get down to the point. They'll probably run some tests and get it over with. It's too bad you have to wait 10 days though. The waiting would be the worst part for me.

now.is.now said...

yes, def. bring it up!

PTC said...

I don't want to tell my parents but I have to do that too. I just want to poop again so I can look at it and see what the deal is and pray that there's nothing wrong with it, or at least no blood. It was just a little blood and it was red, which is a good sign.

Courtney said...

How come you have to tell your parents?

PTC said...

I feel like I should, but now I'm not going to unless it gets me all worried again. Let's wait and see how tomorrow's poop goes. :)

Courtney said...

If it were me I'd wait to get the results back from the doc. But then again, I don't like to tell my parents things. ;)

PTC said...

I don't tell mine anything!! I'm not going to tell them unless there is a problem or I get increasingly freaked out between now and next Tuesday. I don't think it's anything serious though. I just don't want them to be like "Why didn't you tell us?" if the doc says I need to have a colonoscopy or something.