Saturday, December 19, 2009

Unexpected nice day

I woke up early this morning to hop on the train to come back to NYC so I could teach class. I got on the train, half asleep and looking like a disaster, and I heard someone calling my name. I looked and it was my college field hockey coach's husband. So I sat with them. They were going into the city to see Billy Elliot. My coach and I chatted the whole ride, which was nice because I like her and I like hanging out with her. She was meeting her parents and siblings in the city and they were all supposed to go see the show. Well, her mom called to tell her that some people weren't coming because of the weather (we're getting a huge snow storm) or because they were sick. So, they had a few extra tickets so my coach invited me to come see the show with them.

I went to teach class, ran home and showered and walked very briskly to the theatre. I was sweating bullets by the time I got there. My coach was inside but I saw her parents, whom I've met several times before. They would sometimes come watch us play. We walked in and I went to the bathroom. I walk in and this woman was staring at me. She said "Are you from (my town)? And I said "Yes." She said "You worked at the gym. You wore your hair on top of your head." I said yes and she said "I don't go there anymore. What a small world." She doesn't know I moved. What a small world is right.

Watched Billy Elliot for the second time. It was as good as it was the first time, and then I cam back to my place. It's snowing so hard. I can't wait to take pictures tomorrow.

I have to say, I was worried that my coach was looking at me and thinking that I lost weight. She knew I had eating issues in college so I'm sure she noticed my weight. If others are commenting about it, and about my face, I'm sure she noticed. I kind of don't like that people are noticing. I don't know if she did, but I'm sure she did, knowing my history.

Wow, I literally can't keep my eyes open. Bed time. It's not even 9 PM yet.

6 comments:

Alexandra Rising said...

This snow is AMAZIIIING. I love it! It makes me so happy. For once I can say Im happy to be on Long Island!

PTC said...

You guys got pounded!! How much??

Eating Alone said...

I'm down in in frozen South Fl. It got down to the low 50's. I'm got the heater on, 2 shirts and sweat pants. I don't plan on moving all day. I saw the snow you guy's are getting on the weather channel. You guy's are nuts. Way too much snow!

If your worried that people are going to notice, what do you think Charro is going to say?

PTC said...

Poor you! :) I'm looking for cheap flights for Jan or Feb or late march.

Charro won't say anything. She won't notice b/c she's seen me like this, it's the people who I haven't seen in a long time who notice.

Alexandra Rising said...

I dont know how much we got...it LOOKS like at least a foot. Brr, it's chilly!

PTC said...

Sounds about right.