Thursday, December 31, 2009

Snowy New Year's Eve

I'm honestly trying to figure out why people get so excited for New Year's. I really just don't get it. People get all excited for the year to change, but does it really matter? I don't think it does. It's just a different number we have to write on checks and stuff. I don't know, I just think it's weird that people start jumping up and down, kissing each other and blowing horns because the year changes. It's weird. I just don't get all of the hype and excitement. I should go on strike and not say "Happy New Year." When can you stop saying it to people? Like, is there a time limit?

I have to go to the gym this morning. Then I have to go to the store to get stuff to cook for tonight. I don't know what to make for dessert. I don't want to make anything. My kitties are fast asleep; one on my bed, the other under the Christmas tree in a shoe box. They love boxes! It's snowing and pretty, but supposed to change over to rain. Ew, they're cutting some sort of meat on Good Morning America.

K, guess I should get my ass off the couch, brush my teeth and get my workout on.

Happy and healthy new year to you all.

7 comments:

Eating Alone said...

What happened to the strike?

Ok Happy New Year to you too ;D

kristin said...

I am the same way about New Years. It's overrated for sure.

But happy new years to you, too. :)

kristin said...

PS: My kitty loves sleeping in boxes, too! It's so cute! :)

Courtney said...

Yeah, why did you even bother to say happy new year on your own blog? Silly. :)

I've always liked it. But I'm one of those people that likes to start fresh. I like mornings, I like Mondays. It feels very fresh and clean. And yes, I know when it comes down to it it's just another day, it's not really anything different. I guess it's psychological.

PTC said...

Yes, it's so cute, Kristin!!

Courtney, I have to be nice. ;) I hope you all have a good 2010.

Tiger said...

See, I celebrate New Year's as Christmas with my mother--have done since I was a baby. (we were always away visiting family for Christmas) So, for me, this is the same as Christmas Eve would be for most people. I also don't quite understand the whole "First Night" thing...isn't it the *last* night?

PTC said...

That's nice, Tiger. I love xmas eve so to have another one is awesome. I love it. Enjoy!