Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Swallowing razor blades

I feel like I have a million razor blades in my throat and it feels really nice every time I try to swallow. Needless to say, that kept me up last night.

I got out of bed at 6:30 AM and went to the store but it wasn't open yet. Neither was the drug store and I didn't want to walk to the 24 hour one. I bought some lemons and honey, apparently that's supposed to help....not working so far. I need to go buy soup because that always makes my throat feel better.

I'm hungry now but there is no way I can eat. I can't even swallow water. I want my breakfast but I guess that's not happening. I thought of some other alternatives, like yogurt or a protein shake, but I can't even think about swallowing anything.

Other than my throat, I feel fine. I'll head to the gym at some point this morning. (ducking as all of you yell at me)

6 comments:

ania said...

Oh, no!! Sore throats are awful.

I hope it doesn't make it's way around the family.

I hope you find something that soothes it.

Sorry, babe.

With care....

Palmtreechick said...

Thanks Ania,

I took some pain reliever and got some cepacol drops. It feels much better (right now) so I'm going to head to the gym.

Zena said...

YOu are addicted to exercise...I remember the days when I would go even if I had the flu...you are sick darling take it easy on your body and let it Recover...I will be the one to rocks at your head for going even though you are sick...silly girl...Eds suck they make us to stupid things like working out even though we know we shouldnt...

Take care

Love, Z

Palmtreechick said...

I feel fine, other than my throat, which feels much better after getting and taking some meds. I just need to take a nap today since I didn't sleep well last night.

Gonna make some soup now.

samegirl said...

aahhhh...DONT RUIN YOUR CHHRISTMAS being sick!just chill out and get over this...(i know like you are going to do that ha ha)..hey Im sorry all this crap is going on with your sis but Im glad you have C to talk to about it I bet she is helpful..let her be...

Palmtreechick said...

I'm getting it over with before Christmas so I will be all better.

Yes, C is quite helpful. I will miss her for the two weeks I won't see her.