Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lovin' the lights

I'm back in my lovely apartment, sitting with my cats and my Christmas lights on. I want to keep my lights and tree up all year, but I guess it would die and catch on fire.

I'm sipping hot water, honey and lemon because my sore throat is back. What's up with that?

I had my office party last night. My boss forgot that I don't eat meat but someone in the office reminded him so he ordered a veggie quiche. Ew. I didn't eat it, though I did take a little piece and put it on my plate just to be polite. Thank goodness for green beans and I even had some potatoes.

I wore a pair of my sister's pants. They fit, though they were a bit tight in my huge fucking thighs. I hate my legs. I saw this girl at the gym (at home) this morning and she has lost so much weight. I suspected she had an ED but now I'm totally convinced. Ironically enough, we have the same name. She hurt her leg pretty badly this summer, when she got hit by a truck backing up in her driveway (She was not in a car), and she couldn't work out for a while. Now she's bones, and she was really thin before. I think she looks good though and am envious of her. She was definitely well covered up in sweats and a long sleeve shirt today. She wasn't very social either. Of course I feel like a heffer when I see her. I love that!!

My last day with Charro is tomorrow. I'm sure that will be a quick 50 minutes. I'm trying to come up with everything I want to talk about so I don't waste any of my precious minutes.

I made fudge today. I have to make more fudge. I don't feel like it. I need to make cookies too. I might fake it and just by Pillsbury ones and bake those. I know, so wrong but I don't care right now. :)

I asked Charro if she would have "fired" me during my crazy week of blog drama, if I went in there and weighed 95 pounds. (I didn't weigh that, I just pulled it out of my head). She said she would give me two weeks to gain the weight back and I said "good, at least you wouldn't fire me right away." She said that maybe it would be more effective if she did refuse to see me from that point on until I gained the weight back. I can see why she would think that, but from my perspective, that plan would probably backfire and I'd just end up losing more weight.

That was all "what if" stuff though. Just stuff that I was thinking about and curious about. It didn't happen, don't worry.

Wizard of Oz is on.

9 comments:

Kara said...

I understand what you mean about the girl in the gym. It's so hard not to compare and be envious. When I was living in Utah, there were a TON of thin girls at my gym - so triggering. Thankfully, since I've moved home, the gym I go to is mostly middle age folks trying to get in shape. Phew. But I understand completely.

Palmtreechick said...

I see a TON of anorexic girls at my gym in NYC. It's ridiculous!!

lulu said...

So. Your sister's pants fit you. Hmmmm............

love, lulu

Zena said...

I m with lulu on the pants thing....I believe you said she was a stick...hmmmm...and the pants fit YOU!!.... well I think that says something about your distortion...

Love, Z

Palmtreechick said...

No, they were REALLY tight in my thighs and they are NOT on her!!

Zena said...

you work out you have MUSCLE!!!!

Palmtreechick said...

I know, but she works out too, though not as much. I hate my stupid muscular legs.

lulu said...

I'm not buying it, hon.

love, lulu

Palmtreechick said...

Good thing I'm not in sales.

;)