Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I rang my bell...again!

I gave myself another concussion Monday night. It's nothing serious, but I'm a little spacey. It's actually really funny how it happened. It's so hard to type it though, but I will try. It's kind of something that has to be re-enacted. Here it goes though.

J. and I were down at the lake near my house and I thought it would be fun to see who could run and jump the furthest. So I drew a line in the sand, got my running start and jumped!! It was a great take off and I had some serious air and distance going for me. (The beach had a little bit of a decline.) I was fine until the landing. My feet skidded about 4 feet and I fell back on my ass and whacked my head. I sat this in shock for a second before I started cracking up. I looked back at J., who was on the ground hysterically laughing. We were both dying. He was like, "You okay? You hit pretty hard." I told him I was fine, and I was. I had some sand burn on my arms, which was funny. However, since then I've had a little headache and have been a little spaced out. Oh well. It happens. Apparently it happens a lot to me.

Running on the treadmill wasn't the best idea this morning. I stopped after 4 miles and moved onto the elliptical, but got off that after 25 minutes because I was spacey, so I went and rode the bike for 40 minutes. That was my day. I burned a nice 630 calories at least!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

so who won?!

Sarah said...

I am working sooooo hard today.

PalmTreeChick said...

No one! My jump was the first and only jump.

Don't work so hard!!

ania said...

Dear PalmTreeChick [and Jen],

Well, my dear - you and your concussions, Jen and her bruises....Are you sure that you two should be getting together?

Dangerous Duo, the pair of you.

With care....

PalmTreeChick said...

I know Ania. We are trouble!

CwazyLawa said...

Palm, if you start belting out Kenny Loggins songs in public or foam at the mouth randomly... go get checked out. Those concusions can get scary. Specially the Kenny Loggins part.

PalmTreeChick said...

NO Kenny Loggins!!