Thursday, June 14, 2007

And I run, why?

My body is shot right now. I just got back from a 12 mile run. I don't really know why I do it because I don't enjoy running and it kind of hurts my body a little. Too top it off, I only burned 700 calories. Hello...do I have a metabolism?? 12 miles and 700 cals doesn't quite work out that well, and we were running at a good pace and against the wind at some points.

So, the joint or bone or something of my big toe hurts, but it has for a year so whatever. I just hit my hip on the corner of the kitchen counter because I clearly didn't know it was there. I've only lived in this house for 29 years. I don't know how that counter got in my way! ;) My legs are shot and I think my back my be sore but I'm not sure yet, it was while I was running.

My friend M. and I saw hi to everyone we pass. Today, this one man was walking right by us, we said "good morning" and got absolutely NOTHING from him. I turned around and gave him the closed fist hand clap, you know the one from "Friends" that Ross always did? :) It was kind of funny.

Now I'm sitting here drinking my decaf green tea. It's freezing out. I have to go into the office but want to eat before I go because I know the moment I get there I will be starving, but I'm not hungry now. I hate that. I have an egg white omelet that I made the other night that I need to finish.

I need to shed some pounds today. Today is the day to get it started. No more fooling around!! I've got goals that I need to meet.

I just got an "unknown" call on my cell and I didn't answer. I don't think they left a message. I hate that, well unless it was the wrong number.

I guess I should get my butt in gear. Speaking of, funny story... (ahh, a message. My friend T. in Nashville). Yesterday Charro called me to tell me what time we're meeting tomorrow. I told her what time my train gets in and that I may be a few minutes later but that I'd "hustle my butt there." Her response, "Don't hustle. Walk!!" Ha!!

Okay, gotta run.

11 comments:

Emily Jolie said...

Hey sweets,

Take it easy on yourself, will you? Your poor body keeps trying to keep up with you! Give it a little break sometime, k? :)

How funny to keep a part of an omelette for leftovers. I've never heard of anyone having leftover omelette. Did you eat it?

Hope you have a good day at work!

love,

ej

PalmTreeChick said...

I gave it a break last Friday, and most of the weekend for that part.

I DID eat my omelette. There were only about 5 bites left.

Feisty Frida said...

Take it easy!!! 12 miles!!!!! good god woman, that is totally nuts!

PalmTreeChick said...

I know. Yeah, you put a hot pic up. Oo la la!!

Now I have my "running headache" that will probably last for 2 days!

Sarah said...

My sisters and I do the closed fist clap all the time. HA love it!

12 miles is amazing. . . give yourself a little rest!

roark said...

wow, ptc, 12 miles is so far! holy crap. hope you're feeling good today, and taking it easy. and have fun hustling to charro!

PalmTreeChick said...

YES!! I love it, Sarah!! Ha ha!

Hanging in there, Roark, beside the usual "I'm too fat" feeling.

BeeBee said...

Hey PTC! That's so sad that that man just walked right by. I think it's cool that you say hi to everyone that passes since that's so rare.

I also hate getting unknown calls because I never know whether to call the number or not. Curiouusity usually wins out and I dial the number to find out who it is.

Charro sounds great!

PalmTreeChick said...

Hey Beebee,

Yeah, Charro is great.

I run in a snooty town so not everyone is always the nicest. I say hi even when I feel like I'm dying out there.

Gledwood said...

Twelve miles! I'm not surprised you feel tired darlin'! Honestly...
... I'm here totally at random... via friend of friend's comments etc ... thought I'd say hi while I pass by ...
... I'm a blogger too (of course!) ... you can find me at gledwood2.blogspot - come by! you're most welcome !...
... see you again hopefully ...
all the best
... from
gledwood
"vol 2" ...

PalmTreeChick said...

Hey Gledwood,

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sure to check out your blog.