Friday, September 29, 2006

Weekend retreat

I'm heading out of town for the weekend. Going to the Big Apple! It's going to be a blast.

Tonight I am going to stay at my sister's house, then I will hop on the train tomorrow and go to the city. I'm supposed to go to a spinning class in the morning with my friend R., but she's been a little sick all week so might not go. After that, we are meeting some other folks and going POLE DANCING!! YES!! I cannot wait.

My friend C. is meeting us there. It will be good to see her again. So, we're going to kick off our shoes and strap on our heels, although I prefer to do it barefoot, and get our groove on. It should be quite interesting, entertaining, and amusing. I'm sure we will be laughing the whole time. My goal: to hang upside-down. :)

After dancing, I don't know what we'll do. Come dinner time, I guess we will eat. My friend J. is supposed to meet us for dinner. Should be interesting. I'm sure we'll eat at "New York time" rather than what I'm used to. I usually eat around 5 PM, when I don't have field hockey. I like to eat and get it over with then have the rest of the night to digest.

After dinner comes karaoke! Woo hoo. Our friend M. is supposed to meet us for that. She's an awesome singer so I can't wait to hear her.

It should be a fun, yet interesting weekend. I won't be able to weigh myself after I leave my house tonight. That's always a little stressful for me. I do tend to lose weight when I'm in NY though, even if it's just a pound and water weight it makes me happy.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories when I get back.

I'm staying at my friend's place, which should be a blast. I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about. I'll let you know how everything goes on Sunday. Watch out strippers...here we come! ;)

2 comments:

Feisty Frida said...

I'm so jealous, have a wonderful time, and put your scale woes aside...you can deal with your scale when you get back...I know I know, easier said than done!!

Love,
Frida

PalmTreeChick said...

Dealt with it and I was happy b/c the numbers were down!