Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday stuff

I just turned on the Brady Bunch reunion. I DVRed this a few months ago and have yet to watch it. So, I thought I'd put it on while I was blogging and now I'm totally distracted. All I have to say is "Pork chops and apple sauce! Isn't that swell?"

I actually just need to take a nap. Yesterday was an extremely long day. I woke up at 5:30 AM because I couldn't sleep. Went to the gym and then showered and went to my grandma's funeral.

The rain held off for us. We went to the cemetery and then had the service at the church. The service was very nice. I read the eulogy that my brother had written. I'm actually thinking of posting it, but I don't know. He's such a great writer and it brought everyone to tears, so I hear. I couldn't look at anyone when I came down from the pulpit because I lost it. My voice was pretty shakey the whole time I was reading and I even slightly broke down and had to take a little pause. I tried so hard to get through it without crying, but I couldn't do it. I tried to separate myself and put on my "acting hat" on but it just didn't work.

After the service we went downstairs for some treats and talked to everyone, then we went to my aunt's house and all hung out. There were about 30 of us there. My parents and I stopped at my grandma's place on the way home from my aunt's, which was kind of sad. I could smell my grandma.

We didn't get home until 9:30, after a completely exhausting day. Crying really dries out contact lenses, by the way. So now, I am very tired. I woke up to my cat puking at 6:30 this morning. Yummy!

Nap time.

No comments: