Monday, September 25, 2006

Shifting scales

My scale is having a breakdown. I got 4, count them, 4 different readings this morning when got on it. I was REALLY happy with the first reading so I knew it couldn't be right. I got back on and it went up a little, still okay. I got on again and it went up a little more. One more time, up a little more. So, what's a girl to do? Keep getting on it until you get three of the same readings. So I did that. Needless to say, I stepped on and off the scale about 8 times.

I got home from my doctor's appt. and weighed myself again. I was still happy that the number had decreased over the past week. I'm not really sure why, but it has and I'll be happier if it keeps going lower. I just have to pay extra close attention to what I am eating and make sure that I don't really eat unless I have to. Having to get on and off the scale 8 million times to make sure I get an accurate reading really takes up a lot of time.

I had some x-rays on my shoulder today. I'm not really sure what the doctor said was wrong with it, but I know I need to go to PT. He did say that my sockets are flat and not rounded and then went on to say a bunch of other stuff that I didn't quite understand. I do know I have to go back in 6 weeks and that I should take Aleve.

10 comments:

Beth said...

Okay, I know I don't need to share my neuroticism with you, but I've had the scale issue too. Is yours a digital? Sometimes mine says a low number and then "ERR" so I have a regular (undigital?) scale too that I use. I only use the digital one in the morning, bc it's so sensitive to water weight throughout the day. Keep that in mind if you insist on weighing more than once a day. Anyway, if you use one of those spinnie scales too, you will know if the digital is working right. Just weight yourself in the morning, though! It's more accurate, and you'll be happier.

Feisty Frida said...

Don't forget about water retention...it can be a nasty enemy on the scale, but great when it goes away.

xoxo
FF

Feisty Frida said...

How was your grandma's memorial??

You ok?

:(

xoxoxoxox

PalmTreeChick said...

Water retention sucks! Agreed!

My grandma's memorial service was very nice. I think I wrote about it, but I was so tired and out of it that it might have been brief. I think I wrote about it on Sunday.

I had to read the eulogy my bro wrote and it was very hard to do. i had to stop for a minute and try and compose myself.

I hope you are doing well.

xoxo

Feisty Frida said...

I'm good. I'm just glad to hear that you made it through ok.

Love,
Frida

PalmTreeChick said...

Yes Beth, mine is digital. I have a dial one under my bed but that is off by like 4 lbs so I never use it. It tells me I weigh 4 lbs less than I really do so it gets my hopes up falsely.

I can't just weigh myself in the morning. I need to know what I weigh all the time.

2 Dollar Productions said...

Scales are notoriously difficult to deal with and the best way is always weigh first thing in the morning.

That being said, it's still only a best guess estimate and the way your clothes fit works better.

PalmTreeChick said...

I do weigh myself first thing in the morning. However, I weigh myself 800 more times throughout the day. I'm just obsessed with the numbers, but I do go with how my clothes fit too.

Anonymous said...

PTC - have you looked into Active Release Technique? I bet it could fix your shoulder and your ITBS. I'm a crazy athlete and I have been AMAZED at how it has fixed 2 injurues Doctors have told me I need surgery to fix (my shoulder and foot). Seriously. Heres the link. Find a practitioner in your area:

www.activerelease.com

PalmTreeChick said...

Thanks a lot!